Learning Pod: # 2
Peers’ Names: Liam Shatzel, Derek Knight, Joel Vaz, Gurleen Bajwa, Sanskruti Padmawar
Interactive Learning Resource Topic: Programming Concepts

Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

After reading through your group’s Interactive Learning Resource, I find that I have some doubts. Of course, I can’t guarantee that I fully understand what you guys are thinking. The following are the things that confuse me.
First, is that in the Course Outline of the Interactive Learning Resource, you mention 5 subtopics. The programming aspect of your subtopics expects learners to understand the concepts and motivations for learning program. What exactly does “motivation to learning program” mean here? What do learners gain from understanding “motivation to learning to program”?
Second, in the Course Outline of the Interactive Learning Resource, you use examples to give learners a better understanding of each subtopic. However, only in the Operations part, you do not use examples. Perhaps for this part, you think that learners should understand the knowledge in the form of reading. In my opinion, the explanations you gave are very sufficient and learners may need to spend a lot of time to understand the knowledge. Using your previous interactive examples would be a good way to avoid learners spending too much time and they would be a good way to increase student engagement.
Finally, I found the design a little confusing in places. For example, when I click on Course Outline and see subtopics, the interface is the same. I don’t quite understand the point of this design. Also, you chose to teach python language in the topic class, but you didn’t give a reason. I would venture to guess that it is probably because python is more suitable for beginners.

Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resource’s strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

Strengths

The content and explanations are very adequate. As a computer science student, I think your Interactive Learning Resource is perfect.

Weaknesses

The content about Programming in the subtopic could have been more specific. In this whole teaching, you are using python language. I think the knowledge learners should know is about the python language, not a huge topic about programming. I found that your teaching content is adequate though. But learners are not able to practice with python language by themselves. Because Interactive Learning Resource does not mention downloading compiler and configuring environment etc.

Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource.

Overall, your interactive learning resources have adequate content. Using authentic examples with multimedia elements such as captioned videos, assessments, and interactive code, your interactive learning resource is well suited to the needs of diverse learners, including learners with hearing loss and learners who can only use cell phones with data plans. It meets all the key criteria, is well organized, visually appealing, and the content is easy to understand.
I also have some suggestions. The content about Programming in the subtopic could be more specific, with more details about the programming language being taught. Learners also need some videos or knowledge on how to download compilers. This section needs to be detailed and easy to understand. Also, some of the quiz after the lesson can be put on the new page, so that students can check the learning outcome of the whole course through these quiz.
I hope more and more people can understand the fun of python programming.